Between 1900 and 1902, through a series of meetings in the community, in homes and in schools, the church known as “Vancleave Baptist Church”, with a membership of twenty-nine, was organized with the Rev. Boone, MD serving as pastor.
Over the years and after numerous rebuilds due to hurricane destruction, the church was relocated to its current site during the 1950s. In 1977, the church voted to change its name to First Baptist Church Vancleave.
From its humble beginnings in 1902, the church of First Baptist Vancleave has grown to an average attendance of 800 with an average Sunday school attendance of 500. May we as God’s church continue to reach out and serve others as the Lord Jesus Christ has called us to do.
All the honor and glory belongs to Our Lord and Savior!